As a notice to our patients, the staff at all SightMD centers are following new health and safety protocols in response to coronavirus.
1. Upon arrival, all patients will be screened for COVID-19.
All patients will have their temperature taken and be screened for COVID-19 by being asked the following questions:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19? If so, when?
- In the last 14 days, have you shown any shortness of breath, coughing, fatigue, or body aches?
- Have you had high-risk exposure (closer than 6 feet without PPE) with another person who has tested positive for COVID-19 and was still in the incubation period?
- Have you recently traveled from any of the areas listed by the New York State Department of Health that requires self-quarantine? If so, are you still within the 14-day self-quarantine?
If you answer “YES” to any of these questions, or have a temperature above 100.3° F, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment as a telemedicine appointment, or as an in-person appointment after 14 days and once symptoms are gone.
If you are experiencing a true eye emergency that cannot be delayed, then other accommodations may be taken.
2. Everyone must wear a mask or cloth face covering at all times while inside the building.
3. Everyone must wash hands thoroughly, and use antibacterial lotions regularly.
4. All facilities and equipment will be appropriately cleaned and disinfected daily.
5. Patients may be asked to wait outside.
To prevent overcrowding, any person accompanying a patient will be asked to wait outside except those with disabilities or minors.
6. Please be mindful of social distancing.
A 6-foot minimum distance is mandatory when not wearing an appropriate face covering.
For more information and updates about COVID-19, visit the cdc.gov coronavirus resource page.