Why Visit Audiologists at SightMD?
SightMD is well known for their quality eye care throughout Long Island, expertly caring for families with varying ages and need. Because we care about offering extraordinary services that make our patients lives easier and better, we are now offering hearing services under the trusted SightMD name.
The SightMD Difference
With so many audiology practices on Long Island, it can be difficult to narrow down which practice is best for you and your family. What about a practice that can offer you quality-hearing services in addition to quality eye care?
Our practice offers you the convenience of having your ophthalmologist and audiologist under one roof without sacrificing excellence.
All of our audiologists here at SightMD are committed to providing you with the compassionate, personal care that our patients have come to expect. If your family is searching for a more comprehensive health care practice with decades of experience and success, look no further than SightMD.
What Should You Look For in an Audiologist?
An audiologist is a doctor that specializes in hearing health. When searching for an audiologist, especially if your hearing loss is new, it can be difficult to know what to look for. Your primary care doctor may be able to give you a good referral or recommendation. If you are conducting your own audiologist search, you should consider the following:
- Qualifications. First things first. Make sure you are considering a true audiologist. Typically, a qualified audiologist will include abbreviations like Au.D (doctor of audiology), CCC-A (Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology with ASHA), BCA (Board Certified in Audiology) and ABA (American Board of Audiology certification) in their title.
- Quality of care. Look for an audiologist who will provide your with a full scope of care. This means they will be with you from the hearing evaluation, to devising a treatment or management plan, to aftercare. A dedicated audiologist means better treatment and monitoring.
- Reputation and integrity. Ask around for recommendations from friends and family, do plenty of research and read as many reviews as you can. An audiologist can have all the qualifications in the world and still not offer the quality of care you are looking for. Look for audiologists who take pride in what they do and exhibit excellent bedside manner as well as professional excellence.
Our Expert Long Island Audiologists
Our audiologists are considered some of the best in the state of New York. With years of experience and backgrounds in prestigious institutions, our audiologists have successfully helped hundreds of patients hear their best.
Experienced and skilled at diagnosing and treating hearing loss during all stages of life, our audiologists are best for families who are searching for excellent, compassionate and customized care.
Here at SightMD, we understand that hearing loss can be scary and frustrating. Here you will find the care and tools you need to successfully navigate life with hearing loss. We offer comprehensive hearing services such as:
- Bluetooth Hearing Aids
- Diagnostic Audiologic Evaluations
- Diagnostic Hearing Evaluations
- Earmolds and Ear Plugs
- Hearing Aid Evaluations and Repairs
- Musician Ear Plugs and Monitors
- Pediatric Audiology
- Tinnitus Treatments
If you are searching for the right audiology practice for you and your family, SightMD is here for you. We offer a full spectrum of preventative and diagnostic services as well as treatment options for hearing loss. Call us or contact us online to schedule your hearing loss evaluation at one of our many Long Island locations.