Choosing The Right LASIK Surgeon
Choosing the right LASIK surgeon is crucial. We understand that you want your procedure to be performed by a skilled, experienced surgeon in an atmosphere of confidence and comfort. We believe that after careful consideration of all available facts, you will choose us to perform your LASIK surgery.
The following are factors that should be considered before you commit to LASIK surgery, and how we address them.
- Your LASIK doctor should be board certified. Our surgeons have been certified in LASIK by the American Board of Ophthalmology. This certification ensures that a doctor’s peers have judged him or her to be skillful enough to earn their support.
- Most surgeons advertise the number of LASIK procedures they have performed, with good reason. Statistics show that the possibility of surgical complications decreases with experience, up to about 1,000 procedures. Each LASIK doctor at SightMD has years of experience and an impressive record of success.
- Your surgeon should provide complete information about your LASIK procedure before you make any commitment. At SightMD, we schedule a comprehensive consultation with each prospective patient. We conduct a thorough examination and an evaluation of the patient’s medical history. Most important, we take the time to listen and to answer all questions.
- Before undergoing your own LASIK procedure, you should be able to ask other patients about theirs. We respect patient confidentiality and will not release patient information without permission, but we can put you in touch with satisfied LASIK patients who are happy to share their positive experiences with you.
- You should ask about the equipment your LASIK doctor will use. SightMD has invested in the finest state-of-the-art LASIK systems and will be happy provide you with information about them. We encourage you to visit the manufacturers’ websites to find out more about the excellent LASIK systems we have chosen.
Let SightMD show you why we should be your choice; contact SightMD for your LASIK surgery consultation today.