Choosing The Right LASIK Surgeon
Choosing the right LASIK surgeon is crucial. We understand that you want your procedure to be performed by a skilled, experienced surgeon in an atmosphere of confidence and comfort. We believe that after careful consideration of all available facts, you will choose us to perform your LASIK surgery.
The following are factors that should be considered before you commit to LASIK surgery, and how we address them.
- Your LASIK doctor should be board certified. Our surgeons have been certified in LASIK by the American Board of Ophthalmology. This certification ensures that a doctor’s peers have judged him or her to be skillful enough to earn their support. Even after board certification, our LASIK surgeons are always working to stay up to date on new techniques and important information to know.
- Most surgeons advertise the number of LASIK procedures they have performed, with good reason. Statistics show that the possibility of surgical complications decreases with experience, up to about 1,000 procedures. Each LASIK doctor at SightMD has years of experience and an impressive record of success. Experience is a key factor when it comes to choosing the best LASIK surgeon for you.
- Your surgeon should provide complete information about your LASIK procedure before you make any commitment. At SightMD, we schedule a comprehensive consultation with each prospective patient. We conduct a thorough examination and an evaluation of the patient’s medical history. Most important, we take the time to listen and to answer all questions. When going into your LASIK evaluation, it’s important to think through any potential questions or concerns that you may have about the procedure. At SightMD, we do everything we can to keep our patients properly informed, and happy with their results!
- Before undergoing your own LASIK procedure, you should be able to ask other patients about theirs. We respect patient confidentiality and will not release patient information without permission, but we can put you in touch with satisfied LASIK patients who are happy to share their positive experiences with you. Over the years, we have helped thousands of happy patients reclaim their vision, thanks to our talented LASIK surgeons!
- You should ask about the equipment your LASIK doctor will use. SightMD has invested in the finest state-of-the-art LASIK systems and will be happy provide you with information about them. We encourage you to visit the manufacturers’ websites to find out more about the excellent LASIK systems we have chosen. At our state-of-the-art Laser Center, you’ll find that we have set the gold standard for quality and patient satisfaction. From our complimentary WIFI to the friendly and knowledgeable staff, SightMD will make your LASIK experience one you’ll never forget.
Let SightMD show you why we should be your choice for LASIK; contact SightMD for your LASIK surgery consultation today.