700 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743
Phone: (631) 271-3900
Fax: (631) 271-3221
Monday : 7:45am-4pm
Tuesday : 7:45am-4pm
Wednesday : 8am-5pm
Thursday : 7am-7pm
Friday : 7:45am-12pm
Saturday : 8am-11:30am
Sunday : Closed
Office hours are subject to change. Please call the office to confirm.
All Major Credit Cards
- Eye Care Center
- General Ophthalmology
- LASIK Clinic
- Cataract treatment
- Treatment of cornea conditions
- Glaucoma Treatment
Edward Marcus, M.D.
Lisa Paolini, M.D
John Passarelli, M.D.
Craig Richter, M.D.
Michael Savetsky, M.D.
Dr. Edward Marcus, Dr. John Passarelli, Dr. Craig Richter and Dr. Michael Savetsky offer a range of ophthalmology services at our Huntington, NY, office. SightMD chose to open this location in 2002 to provide a more convenient option for our patients who live in the area. The office has a warm and friendly staff, and offers extended hours and Sunday appointments.
On-site Technology and Services
Our Huntington office is equipped to provide several types of diagnostic tests and treatment:
- Visual Field Test – During a visual field test, your doctor will analyze your central and peripheral vision. The test may be automated, or your doctor may simply cover one eye and ask you to identify different numbers of fingers as he holds his hand up. By assessing your entire scope of vision, we can diagnose and monitor conditions like glaucoma.
- Fundus Photography – Fundus photographs capture images of the retina, the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye. A healthy retina is key to maintaining clear vision, and this fragile tissue can be impacted by high blood pressure, diabetes, and other general and ocular health conditions. These digital photos can be used for diagnosis or to create a baseline measurement to track changes.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) – This non-invasive imaging test uses light waves to produce cross-sectional pictures of the retina. Measuring the thickness of various retinal layers allows us to screen for diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and more.
- External Photography – Capturing photos of the eye can track corneal health. It can also be used to assess the health of the iris, conjunctiva, sclera (white portion of the eye), and lens.
Drs. Richter and Savetsky also offer LASIK eye surgery at this location. To help you budget for out-of-pocket costs, our practice accepts CareCredit® and ALPHAEON® Credit. These financing options make the treatments our patients need and want affordable.
Our office is located near Huntington Bay, close to Huntington Hospital and Heckscher Park.
In addition to forging lifelong relationships with our patients, we also take pride in supporting the community by attending local events, sponsoring organizations, and participating in various outreach programs. On behalf of our friend and colleague Dr. Frank Verdone, our doctors, staff, and their families participated in the 2016 Walk to Defeat ALS. In addition, we support and donate to Walk Now for Autism Speaks, the Frank Catalanotto Foundation for Vascular Birthmarks, and the Detective Division of the Nassau County Police Department.
In order to provide continuing education to local optometrists, our practice holds educational symposiums. Held in the winter and spring, these events provide participants with six CE credits. SightMD is also the official LASIK provider for the New York Mets.
Contact Our Huntington, NY, Office
Our office is located near Huntington Bay, close to Huntington Hospital and Heckscher Park. We are just off E. Main Street and have our own private parking lot for your convenience. To schedule an appointment here or at one of our several additional locations, reach out to us today.