260 Middle Country Rd
Smithtown, NY 11787
Phone: (631) 265-8780
Fax: (631) 265-8521
Monday : 7am – 7pm
Tuesday : 7am – 7pm
Wednesday : 7am – 7pm
Thursday : 7am – 7pm
Friday : 7:30am – 3:30pm
Saturday : 8am – 2pm
Sunday : 8am – 3pm
Office hours are subject to change. Please call the office to confirm.
All Major Credit Cards
- Eye Care Center
- General Ophthalmology
- LASIK Clinic
- Cataract treatment
- Glaucoma treatment
- Ocular plastic surgery
- iDesign Technology
- Treatment of Corneal Conditions
- Uveitis Treatment
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Samuel Baharestani, M.D.
Andrew Bainnson, M.D.
Brad Kligman, M.D.
Faye Knoll, M.D.
Michelle Liebert, M.D.
Jeffrey Martin, M.D.
John Mauro, D.O.
Michael Savetsky, M.D.
Paul Sforza, M.D.
Lawrence Zweibel, M.D.
We provide a wide range of services in Smithtown to meet the varied needs of our patients. For over 52 years, SightMD has been serving local residents and surrounding areas. If you are interested in learning more about ophthalmology care at our Smithtown, NY, office, contact us today.
Our Smithtown Location
Our Smithtown facility is conveniently situated just off of Highway 25 near the intersection of Hemlock Lane. We are located north of the Long Island Expressway nearby St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church and St. Patrick School. Our Smithtown office hosts monthly LASIK seminars to educate potential candidates on what to expect before, during, and after the procedure. We also hold our annual Night of Beauty event here, conducted by ophthalmic plastic surgeon Dr. Samuel Baharestani. This opportunity provides patients the chance to win prizes and learn more about the newest advancements in ophthalmic plastic surgery.
The Smithtown Community
SightMD is actively involved in the community of Smithtown. We have participated in numerous events, including the St. Catherine’s Hospital Health Fair, the Long Island Fall Festival at Huntington, and the LGBT Long Island Pride Parade & Festival at Hecksher State Park. We believe in patient education, and we are committed to taking every opportunity to engage with the public.
At our Smithtown facility, we offer a variety of services, including:
- General Ophthalmology – We provide comprehensive exams using advanced diagnostic tools to assess and monitor your eye health.
- LASIK – Bladeless iLASIK utilizes laser technology to reshape your cornea and provide clearer vision. We use the most advanced technology in a safe, controlled setting to provide our patients with the many benefits of refractive surgery.
- Cataract Treatment – We offer comprehensive treatment of cataracts, including laser cataract surgery. We can remove a diseased lens and implant an intraocular lens (IOL) to restore your vision in a safe and precise way.
- iDesign Technology – We utilize Abbott’s iDesign system to precisely map the contours of the eye. A three-second scan with this wavefront system reveals important data for assessing your health and evaluating your candidacy for refractive surgery.
- Treatment of Corneal Conditions – We offer treatment for various conditions affecting the cornea, ranging from conservative options to a corneal transplant procedure.
- Uveitis Treatment – Uveitis can cause inflammation in different structures of the eye. We provide advanced diagnostic methods and treatment options for patients suffering from uveitis, which can develop as a result of infection, autoimmune disorders, or unknown causes.
- Glaucoma Treatment – Glaucoma involves abnormally high eye pressure, which can cause damage to the optic nerve and impair vision. Our experts offer both surgical and non-surgical glaucoma treatment options.
- Ocular Plastic Surgery – Our team offers a variety of plastic surgery procedures to address cosmetic and health issues in the eye area. Whether the structures of your eye have been affected by a health condition, trauma, or the natural aging process, our experts can provide improved function and appearance.
- Pediatric Ophthalmology – Ocular health is vital to overall health, so we provide vision care for children starting as early as six months of age. From testing eye coordination and movement to screening for refractive errors, we seek to protect your child’s vision throughout each stage of their development.
- Audiology Services – We offer comprehensive audiology services, including audiological evaluations, hearing aid evaluation and selection, and custom earpieces.
At SightMD, we incorporate the most advanced ophthalmological technology into each area of our practice. We use optical coherence tomography (OCT) and fundus photography to evaluate disorders of the optic nerve. Corneal pachymetry allows us to measure corneal thickness prior to LASIK surgery, and we also use it as a screening tool for glaucoma and other eye disorders. We utilize the newest laser technology to perform refractive surgery and to treat eye conditions like cataracts and glaucoma.
Schedule a Visit
If you are interested in visiting our Smithtown location, contact us today.