Eric D. Rosenberg, DO, MSE specializes in advanced corneal transplant techniques and procedures (including DMEK and crosslinking), traditional and laser-assisted cataract surgery, laser vision correction, and complex anterior segment surgery. Dr. Rosenberg is currently seeing patients in Babylon, West Islip, and Plainview. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, he continued to see all urgent and emergent patients, understanding the importance of vision even in the most critical of times.
Dr. Rosenberg completed his fellowship in Cornea and Cataract Surgery at Weill-Cornell Medicine, where he covered the prestigious east-side New-York Presbyterian-Cornell campus and Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital systems. After graduating with high honors from Lehigh University in Biomedical Engineering, he earned his Master’s degree in Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania ranking number 1 in his class. He went on to receive his medical degree from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, and completed his Ophthalmology residency at New York Medical College – Westchester Medical Center where he was selected to serve as Chief Resident.
Dr. Rosenberg was selected for several highly competitive and prestigious national awards and honors including:
– The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) Resident and Fellow Excellence Award (One of 10 awarded in the country)
– ASCRS/European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS) Young Physician Exchange Scholar (one of 4 awarded internationally)
– The American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO’s) Advocacy Ambassador Program
– Manhattan Eye Foundation Research Grants
– Several Best Paper of Session awards for podium presentations at annual meetings.
In the last three years he has produced 25+ journal and article publications, 4 book chapters, and a full textbook titled Operative Dictations in Ophthalmology, and continues to pursue multiple research projects in the field of cornea, refractive, and external diseases. He is passionate about resident education in addition to the integration between technology, engineering, and medicine. Dr. Rosenberg aims not only to improve your vision in the immediate future, but to advance the field in order to improve the future vision of your entire family for decades to come.