Dr. Laurence Rubin is a board-certified ophthalmologist with over 25 years of experience, currently providing comprehensive eye care at SightMD, as well as serving as chief of the ophthalmology section of the department of surgery at Saint Joseph’s Hospital. Dr. Rubin also holds hospital appointments at North Shore University Hospital.
Dr. Rubin received his medical degree from New York Medical College, and completed his internship training in Internal Medicine at the Nassau County Medical Center. Pursuing his interest in eye care, Dr. Rubin completed his residency training in Ophthalmology at the prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary in Manhattan.
In addition to his practice experience, Dr. Rubin is also a member of several professional organizations, including:
- American College of Ophthalmology
- New York State Ophthalmological Society
- Long Island Ophthalmological Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Nassau County Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
Dr. Rubin has been selected by Castle Connolly Medical as a New York metro area top doctor.