Sergiu Marcus, MD PHD completed his medical training at Cornell University Medical College in New York. He also earned a Ph.D from the Rockefeller University, Biophysics and Visual Neurophysiology Laboratory in New York. He completed a prestigious Retinal Fellowship at The Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
Dr. Marcus is Board Certified in Ophthalmology. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine as well as the Mt. Sinai Hospital. He is an attending in ophthalmology on the staff of Good Samaritan Hospital, W. Islip, Southside Hospital, Bay Shore and the Long Island Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Dr. Marcus specializes in vitreo-retinal disorders of the eye. These conditions include diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and other diseases of the retina.
- Long Island Ambulatory Surgery Center-Brentwood New York, Suffolk Surgery Center,-Shirley New York, Mount Sinai Medical Center-Mount Sinai New York, Good Samaritan Hospital- West Islip New York, Southside Hospital-Bay Shore New York
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- New York Ophthalmological Society
- Wilmer Residents Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology