Richard Fichman, MD
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Accepting new patients
- Cataract Surgery
Year began practicing: 1984
Year joined staff: 2021
Rosalind Franklin University, Chicago Medical School, Doctorate
University of Arizona Health Center, Residency
St Mary’s Hospital Medical Center, Internship
- American Academy of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Hartford County Medical Association
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Former Associate Professor, Woodhull Hospital Department of Ophthalmology
- Clinical Instructor, University of Connecticut
- Distinguished Service Award, Hartford County Medical Association, 2022
Dr. Richard Fichman is a board certified ophthalmologist specializing in cataract eye surgery and comprehensive ophthalmology at SightMD Connecticuts Manchester and Torrington locations. He has been providing the highest quality eye care to the local community for over 30 years and performed the first LASIK surgery in Connecticut in 1995. He developed a procedure to eliminate needles, sutures, and patches from cataract surgery named Quick Sight, which continues to be used around the world.
Dr. Fichman has always focused on getting his patients to reduce their dependence on glasses after cataract surgery, and is dedicated to provide the best in technology and advanced eye care, from treatment of complex eye conditions to routine eye exams, fashionable glasses and contact lenses.
Dr. Fichman enjoys many hobbies in his spare time including spending time with his children and grandchildren, skiing, and traveling. Music is a big passion of his and in 2020, he wrote and performed a special song as a tribute to all the dedicated essential workers helping keep us safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.